
Live music now at The Canary, Newport Beach on Mondays. Actually, its not a new "now", apparently its been like 5 months. I used to go every Monday with friends because it's Industry Night, find a friend that works for a restaurant! It gets pretty packed, so you have to get there early to get a table or a spot at the bar. Brett Young plays there on Monday’s and this was my first time hearing him play there. He is from Orange County, he's pretty well known and plays at other places in town. He covers a lot of John Mayer, Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, and has his own stuff as well. I can’t remember the last time I could go somewhere close to home, in Newport and listen to live GOOD music. We chatted before I left, asked him to play some Jonathan Nathanson next week and he said he’ll have to refresh on his lyrics, and of course he knew exactly what song I wanted him to sing/play “Come on Get Higher.” Can I just throw in there that he’s super cute (girls he’s taken-Boo). Me and my girls will be there every Monday, catching up, having wine, and listening to Mr. Brett! He's on Myspace if you want to support his music, http://www.myspace.com/brettyoungsmusic
UPCOMING SHOW:
Aug 19 2009 9:00P Landmark -Corona Del Mar, California
"Rockin the joint til 11:30pm. Come play!"

No comments:
Post a Comment