Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Adventure: Golf


So I've been saying for the past as years that I want to learn the game of Golf. You might be thinking, me, really? I know I may not come across as the golfer type, is the golfer type? If so please tell me so I can make notes! My friend Mike works at Strawberry farms and we talked about a week ago to actually get me out there and let the teaching begin. I'm so excited! When I was little my dad would take me miniature golfing every Friday. We both are very competitive so there were times when I would get so mad if I went over 2 strokes. Those darn church doors that go up and down, and right when your ball gets to the opening that door comes down, sending your pathetic little ball rolling right back to you (you know what I'm talking about).so here I am all grown up, in fact can't remember the last miniature game I played, and I'm ready for the real game. I've been to the driving range once with an ex and that was interesting to say the least. I currently don't have a sport to play or a hobby so I thought that golf would be a great thing to try! Wish me. Luck.

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf" -Bob Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment