Wednesday, July 29, 2009

4 Fights that Men Fear - pick your battles


Men are into action, fighting. Let’s take Hockey for example, when I hear men talk about the sport at work or I’m watching it with them in a bar, they LOVE the fighting. What I have found in my own experience and amongst my guy friends is that they HATE the fighting when it comes to relationships. Duh! Well if we woman know this, why do we continue to push? I truly believe when it comes to a female vs. male, you MUST chose your battles or you will lose. Growing up I always remember my mom asking, well perhaps what my dad would call nagging “Steve, why can’t you throw your laundry in the basket, it’s always right outside of it on the floor?!” To a woman, it seems so easy to us and we cannot comprehend why the man can make it so far to throw his clothes on the floor next to the hamper, but can’t take that extra second or “effort” to put it in the hamper. Does it really matter? Is it really that big of deal that you (the woman) feel the need to start an argument because the laundry didn’t make it in the hamper, see now reading it you see how silly it is. When you see him do that, just pick up his clothes and throw them in there because it’s a lot easier. Learn to pick your battles!

The "Blackberry" Fight
Asking “why are you always on your phone?” or “who are you texting?” It’s usually work, so don’t ask unless you have a trust issue with him and you think he is actually texting a girl. If that is the case, you have a major battle ahead of you, armor up girl!

The "Ex" Fight
When is it a good time to open the “Ex” Files? I don’t know that answer. I think it’s a good idea to know why the break up occurred, and when, because that can help or answer any other questions you may have. Unfortunately, we girls, want to know what she looked like, how did they meet, what was she like. These are not questions he wants to answer, and they aren’t really going to impact your relationship with him so try your hardest to except he is not with her, and he is with you for a reason (embrace that!).

The “Break-up” Fight
Like I have said before, Break ups suck! A lot of the times the girl see’s the break up coming but hopes that things will change and it won’t happen (girls it will still happen). I have known some guys who have stayed in a relationship a year or years with a girl ONLY because he doesn’t want to go through the “break-up” fight. Really guys, c’mon, MAN UP and do it (if you are a man)!! We know you don’t want the tears, the “I can change” or “We can make this work.” We know guys want it simple, "the END"…done…then walk away. Say your Good-bye. Granite there are A LOT of gray areas with break ups so I'm referring to the break up that you know his heart has moved on, no turning back, that is when I am saying help the guy out. Don't make it anymore of a production then it probably should be.

The "Why didn’t you call or at least text" Fights
Most men don’t like to be asked where they have been, and why didn’t they call. Girls, we have to remember that guys don’t have the same thought process as us. They don’t always think about going out of their way to make sure we know where they are and that they might be running late, or that their plans have changed, etc. etc. (granite there are some guys that do but few). My guy friends have always told me “Steph, you know that a guy doesn’t think about that.” So once you realize and accept that, it is easier. Don’t get me wrong, don’t let him walk all over you, but again, it all comes back to pick your “battles.”

* Disclosure on the below video, don't take it seriously, humor people!

No comments:

Post a Comment