Tuesday, November 10, 2009

November ♥


This is a great month for me to get back on here because this is one of the hardest times of the year for me, every year. For those of you that don’t me or not as close to me, I lost my mom 18 years ago this month. I am blessed to have the life I do right now, I am thankful every day. I think sometimes we need to push ourselves more and think about all the positive aspects of our lives, what we have to be thankful for, and what it is that we are put here to do in life. Most girls grow up and want to get married have beautiful babies, and just be a Mom. At 11 years old I was an only child still and I would watch my parents, how they interact, show their affection, and their love. I don’t know why I would watch so closely but I think it is because what they had was so great. From about 6th grade on, I always knew I wanted to fall in love. When you get into your late twenties-early thirty’s, it’s always a little tough because that is the time when it’s said we should know where our life is headed, our feet should be grounded, and we should be ready to start a “new” and “main” chapter in our lives. Really?! And what does that exactly mean? In the end our age doesn’t decide our life, because it can be taken from you or someone you love in a second. Enjoy where you are now, and continue to set goals. So here I am 29 years old, and that age (give or take a couple years) where every girl is thinking about marriage and starting a family, and yes having beautiful babies. Perhaps that is why I can’t wait to be a mom, because I want to be what my mom was to me. People that knew my mom look at me and see her. What an awesome gift that is for me! You will never know where your life is headed, but you will know the direction. Your feet can be grounded and become ungrounded at any time. When there is a new chapter to be made, don't turn over it. Start where you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment