Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Relationship Can Create "History"


There are many signs that a relationship is coming to an end, or it may be time to move on. A definite sign is that you want to stay in the relationship because there is so much history. You're families are involved, your friends have become each others, maybe you live together, the list can go on. I remember being heartbroken after a serious relationship about 3 years ago, and remember being so hurt because he had so many memories together, so many pictures, and I thought, "now what?" I started to think that first week I ended things I made the wrong decision because i felt we had "history" and how can I just let that go, that I should stay with him because we had that. I realized that the history our relationship created was great, the memories are great, but I will create new history with someone new. I read something today and thought it was well stated, I couldn't agree more. So if you find yourself not letting go, because you are holding on to that history, really think what makes you happy aside from all that history.
"You’re afraid to let go because you have a history with him/her. When couples are together for a long time, or they go through some trying times together, a strong bond is created. This is good if you want things to progress. However, sometimes couples stay together, or one person fears letting go, because there’s so much history. If you’re not happy, let go before you create even more history to let go of. A history together doesn't mean you will be happy together."

Remember what your happiness means to you!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment